Home

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Essie Jag-U-Are + Accent Nail

Good morning. While going through my drafts I found another Valentine's themed mani. Really, this would be appropriate any time of year because it doesn't have anything specific to Valentine's Day other than colour. (ie: some stamping would be specific to that holiday, etc ... does that make sense?)

Essie Jag-U-Are
3 coats, no topcoat


Jag-U-Are is a very pretty warm based medium red with golden shimmer. It was fairly sheer at one coat but 2 thins coats more and you get this beauty. I wanted to add some glitter so I added my favourite red glitter polish ....

Milani Ruby Jewels
2 coats layered over Jag-U-Are, 1 coat Seche Vite


The ring finger ended up looking a lot thicker than I like however I could deal because it was so preeeeetty.

Ruby Jewels is a gorgeous red micro glitter suspended in a cherry red, sheer base; because of the tinted base is is possible to make this glitter polish opaque on its own, however I wasn't going through the effort of applying or taking it all off. ;)

What is your favourite red glitter polish?

10 comments:

  1. OOO gorgeous!! :D

    My favourite red glitter polish is China Glaze Ring in the Red. I ADORE it so much, but I am running low on it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the orange-y tint in the Essie polish, and that glitter on the accent nail compliments it really well.

    For my favorite red glitter polish I'm gonna have to go with China Glaze Ruby Pumps. Typical, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks awesome... I love the accent nail, I think I have a couple of favorite red glitter but probably Ruby Pumps.... btw I have been LOVING your pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I really like subtle V-Day manis, too much red/pink/hearts and it all gets gross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, ladies!

    Polish AMOR - You are so sweet, thank you! I've been trying to make them as good as possible. It's nice to know that people are noticing the effort. ;)

    Laura - I hear ya loud and clear! Polka dots with pink is as girlie as I get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is a lovely mani...I saw another red glitter on MariJo's latest post and I was thinking if I have any red glitter, but I don't think I do..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mani so pretty, has like a sexy edge to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!