Home

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Orly "Androgynie"

Good morning! Today I have for you a gorgeous polish that you have probably seen a dozen (or more) times in the past month or so. Orly Androgynie. Let's get straight to the photo's and then I'll dish on this complex polish.

Androgynie, 2 coats - Seche Vite, 1 coat

I have to start with one huge WOW.

Okay, now that that's out of my system, let's chat. Androgynie is a black/brown base with hex and micro glitter. The colours of the hex glitter that I can see in my bottle are: lime green, teal, royal blue, orange and gold. Unfortunately, said glitters sunk to the bottom of my bottle and I had to shake vigorously prior to applying to ensure that I would get some onto the nail.

All that said, what a striking and unique beauty! Mr.Polish found this at the local Sally's and immediately assured me that this would be coming home with us. Bless him and his unique polish-lovin' heart. :)

Two coats was needed to create what you see above. Next time I think I will layer it over black to save polish and add a little bit more depth. This mani really reminds me of a galaxy mani, without any effort at all. (Unless you count the vigorous shaking as effort, haha.)

Effortless galaxy mani, anyone? I'm so there.

15 comments:

  1. Looove <3 I adore how your nails look always so glossy :D And this polish is so amazing, I want it too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree!! :D This is one of my favourite polishes ever, and I never get sick of looking at photos of it! ^-^ Mr. Polish sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful swatches! :) I only wore it with one coat of top coat and perhaps wasn't that wow-ed. Should really give it another go as it's gorgeous in the bottle and your nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a lot of people were disappointed with this one but I. love. it. It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your man comes with you polish hunting. How wonderful that you have such great support.

    I'm still on the fence about this polish, but I really like it on you. It looks really great with your skin and you can really see the brown tones in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing colour, I have to get my hands on this! Thank you for following my blog, i now follow yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one! I do wish the glitter was suspended better but IMO the payoff is so worth shaking it up or storing it upside down or doing whatever you have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow is right! I love this and for some reason i never picked this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This polish is great! It's beautiful and I haven't worn it yet, but it's definitely going to need a lot of shaking. All of my hexagons are on the bottom of the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an amazing polish. I agree, I definitely think it's worth the effort:]

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ladies are so sweet. It was so nice to come home from work and read all the nice compliments and comments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this came out beautiful! I have this in the big bottle but I haven't tried it yet. Thank you for the compliment on my page, I am now your new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!